Pics taken for the day event.
- In the event pamphlet the seiyuu had to answer a series of questions about season 2; thanks to my friend for summarizing for me. Kiiyan was impressed by Bertholdt and Reiner this season, how their dramatic storyline unfolded. His favourite moment was, of course, Jean rescuing Mikasa.
- Kiiyan was dressed all in black — palazzo pants, long and loose t-shirt and a jacket with silver/metal at the shoulders. Stylish, if a bit different for him.
- At least half the show, if not more, was Sawano Hiroyuki on piano with an orchestra (two guitars and bass included) playing music while anime clips played or vocalists joined the band. This was quite enjoyable and the singers were very good.
- Oddly, though all the readings took place after the season’s big reveal, almost all the anime footage was from season one. If you have seen season two, you could get the gist of the readings, even if you didn’t know much Japanese. (Nuance would obviously be lost.)
- The first dramatic reading was Eren, Jean, Connie, Christa, Armin, Sasha, Mikasa, and revolved around a hysterical Christa (having been “rescued” from Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir) confessing to her real name.
- Christa and Mikasa then each had solo readings.
- Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir had a reading, followed by Ymir on her own (it was very difficult to reconcile Ymir with the very polished young lady who does her voice!)
- Jean, Connie and Sasha had a pre-breakfast discussion.
- Erwin had a solo talk, as did Eren, at the very end of the performance.
- They announced the movie and TV series at the end; ticket vouchers for the movie were on sale in the lobby after each show, along with a special event-only poster (which was also the cover to the pamphlet). If you buy the voucher next week, you will get clear files.
- Kiiyan talked about Mikasa in his final words … and picked on Shimono. Of course.
- Kobayashi Yu flustered Hosoya by being manic (a common state, apparently) and giving him a potato. He didn’t know what to do with said potato.
- At the very end, Kaji called Ono Daisuke over to the middle and asked all of us to stand up. OnoD as Erwin led us in a Survey Corps salute. All 5,000 of us!
(Pics are from Kiiyan, Takita, e-zuka and Kaneko Nobuaki)
- Everyone dressed up: Boo as Maijin Buu from Dragonball, Kaneko as a gorilla (his band wore animal masks too) and Granrodeo as the Sanzou-ikkou from Saiyuuki (Kiiyan as Son Goku, e-zuka as Sanzou Hoshi, Takita as Sha Gojyo and Shin as Cho Hakkai)
- Kiiyan had supremely fluffy hair and even sideburns.
- Kiiyan said their alternate cosplay idea was Lupin. He would’ve been Lupin and Takita … would have been Fujiko. Takita held out the front of his jacket to simulate Fujiko’s ample assets.
- Goku, er Kiiyan, got rid of his limiter (crown) early on. Sanzou/e-zuka eventually lost his crown and sash, which resulted in staff having to run out and dress him for the encore.
- The crowd was full of costumes too. The cutest were a Kishomi and Zukami who were front row.
- Kiiyan’s belt and pants were a bit too big; he had to keep cutely adjusting the belt.
- When they were introducing who they were cosplaying as, Kiiyan did indeed call Takita “Ero Kappa.”
- When introduced, Shin oinked at us. Kiiyan gestured for him to take the piggie nose off, so he did … and oinked at us some more.
- e-zuka harassed Shin by tugging on one piggie ear before a song
- When they all were on stage at the end for a group pic and goodbyes, Shin pretended to knock our part of the front rows over with his giant rake; e-zuka blessed us all with his shakujo (monk staff), and then twirled it and acted like he was a major leading a marching band. Not to be outdone, Kiiyan put Nyoibou (Goku’s staff) between his legs and, well, stroked it with his left hand. Ahem.
- And speaking thereof … Kiiyan forgot a few of the words to 絶頂ポイズン (he swapped Ride on 絶頂 / 見せてごらん for Poison 酩酊 / まるかじり the first time), but he, ah, remembered quite well what to do with his hand on the ファンタスティックな海綿体 line. (Never change, Kiiyan~)
- シャニムニ was the audience participation song for the first time in quite a long time
- For the encore, Kaneko played drums on Can Do.
- They tossed candy into the audience … and then the candy boxes. None for us, alas, though someone behind me got candy from e-zuka.
Kiiyan will be joining Seki Tomokazu, Morikubo Shoutarou, Shimono Hiro, Yuki Kaji, Suzumura Kenichi and Umehara Yuichiro on a tribute album for actress/singer Kudo Shizuka (also known as former SMAP member Kimura Takuya’s wife). The CD will celebrate her 30th anniversary.
The song Kiiyan will be covering is 「めちゃくちゃに泣いてしまいたい」(1992) [Mechakucha ni naite shimaitai].
Title: 『Shizuka Kudo Tribute』
Format: CD (1 disc)
Release Date: 12/20/2017
Price: 2315 yen + tax
- Venue: Okinawa Music Town Sound Market, 3rd Floor
- Date: 11/12/2017
Time: 10:00 AM
- CD bonus: Buy > 3000 yen of CDs/DVDs and get a folding postcard with replica signature
- Note: FC members may purchase one pair of sunglasses when they arrive at the hotel on 11/10/2017
From October 30th~November 13th, there will be a Show by Rock cafe in Ikebukuro. The cafe is a collaboration with Niconico, and anyone who comes in and has a drink or food can enter a lottery see Kiiyan and Inagawa Eri (Cyan) record a Nico Nama on November 13, 2017. Purchases in the SHOW BY ROCK store upstairs from the cafe also qualify.
Event: SHOW BY ROCK !! × nicocafe
Location: Ikebukuro P’PARCO B2F NicoNico Honsha
Opening Hours: 11:00 ~ 21:00
Last Orders: Food 20:15 / Drink LO 20:30
URL: http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/13788235/ & http://nicohonsha.jp/nicocafe
Event: SHOW BY ROCK Nico Nama
Guests: Taniyama Kishou & Inagawa Eri